Shenzhen  Stuff

Shenzhen's First-Ever Earth Hour Event!

Saturday, March 29

6 p.m. - 9 p.m.

Lianhuashan ("Lotus Hill") Park

FOOD! GAMES! MUSIC! SPEAKERS! DISCUSSION!

Come join us as we celebrate Earth Hour, a global event to show that the people of the world care about the future of the planet

6:00-7:00: Picnic and Informal Games
Bring enough food and drink for two people, a groundsheet (towel, blanket) to sit on, some mosquito protection, and a ball, Frisbee, or other sports equipment.

7:00-7:30: Cooperation Games
Come learn why it's better to cooperate than compete!

7:30-8:00 A Musical Interlude
Local troubador Dave Seymour will treat us to an unplugged concert

Earth Hour begins at 8:00. From 8:00-9:00 we will ask all participants to turn off their electronic devices (that includes phones!)

8:00-8:30 Distinguished Speakers on Eco-Awareness
Come hear Harry Walker, 2005 winner of the first-ever Residents' Environmental Protection Award, and Al from Freecycle Shenzhen, as they share some tips for being more "eco-conscious" in Shenzhen

8:30-9:00 Open Discussion on Eco-Awareness
We will ask YOU for further tips on being eco-friendly in Shenzhen's environment

MORE ABOUT THE LOCATION:

Lianhuashan ("Lotus Hill") Park is located north of Shenzhen's City Hall. The gate is at the north end of Yitian Lu, where it meets Hongli Lu. You can easily walk there from Exit C of Shaoniangong Metro Station on Line 4. Visit http://shenzhenbuzz.com/lianhuashan_park

MORE ABOUT EARTH HOUR:

At 8pm on March 29, 2008, cities across the world will turn off their lights for just one hour – Earth Hour™ – to show that it's possible to take action on global warming. Switching off is a simple action that can make a difference and it sends a powerful message that the people of the world care about the future of the planet.
We need you to help us make it happen.

What can you do?
1. Sign up to Earth Hour by visiting www.earthhour.org and commit to turning off your lights on March 29 from 8pm to 9pm.
2. Join us at Lianhuashan Park for Shenzhen's FIRST EarthHour celebration. details below.
3. Before you leave home, take appliances off standby; unplug any appliances – mobile phone charger, TV, microwave, MP3 player, computer monitor, printer – that are not being used and are on standby. Appliances left on standby account for up to 10% of the average household's electricity use.
4. Spread the word about Earth Hour and involve your friends, family and workmates. Get them to make the commitment at www.earthhour.org to turn off their lights at 8pm Saturday. And bring them to the celebration!

---

EARTH HOUR 深圳站: 拯救地球,从1小时做起

3月29日晚上6点~9点,无论你是个人还是企业,无论你在家中还是公司,无论你身在世界的何处,我们邀请您熄灭电灯和关掉一切不需要的电器1小时,只需要1小时,这一小时在全世界的共同名字是 "Earth hour",它来自非营利的环保组织,旨在提高人们的环保意识,为节约地球资源尽点棉力。
如果你在深圳,可以关掉电灯,走出家门,来到莲花山公园,在那里我们邀请了Mr.Harry Walker(深圳著名环保主义学者)和Mr.Al (Freecycle Shenzhen)等发表演说;音乐由Dave(来自华强北Casablanca酒吧)为我们倾情演绎。
所以,加入我们吧,带上垫子或者席地而做,带上食物和饮料与朋友一起分享,一起讨论环保话题,享受音乐。最后,提醒各位,外出前不要忘记关灯

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What great Syncronicity... I have just come to Shenzhen for two eco-related conferences, and now I learn about this! - What a great town! please visit www.SustainabilitySymbol.com and learn about the new
"3 Finger Sustainability Symbol" sweeping the world.

Let's make Shenzhen one of the source points and tipping point for Chinese Sustainable Thinking!

See you at LIANHUASHAN PARK !!

Yours in Sustainability,

Philip McMaster
"Professor Planet"
www.SustainabilitySymbol.com
www.DragonTHINK.com
i attended this very meaningful activity last night, knew about more knowledge about enviroment protection, thanks for giving me such good chance to learn it...
Wow, what an evening - great people, great fun and inspiring discussions!

Photos of the fun will be up soon at these websites: www.SustainabilitySymbol.com and www.DragonTHINK.com and maybe also www.Dragonpreneur.com/blog

After my experience and in my opinion, Shenzhen could be the Catalyst City for Chinese Sustainability - it's new, it's progressive and full of great people who are open to learning how to succeed in the 21st Century.

We know that the "Secret" to success is helping other people achieve their goals.. and the people of Shenzhen are in a good postion to bring China into the 21st Century with "DragonTHINK" - BALANCED thinking that brings personal and commercial Sustainability to the centre of our thought processes.

DragonTHINK helps us all achieve our individual goals - to live a good life, have fun, and be respected for our efforts of personal improvment and contribution to being part of the solution - not the problem!

So, whether or not you attended last night's Earth Hour celebration, you can still be a pioneer in Shenzhen and in China - all you have to do is to confidently raise 3 fingers, and state: "I am a solution".

As more and more people consider themselves part of the solution, we will naturally begin to think sustainably - especially if we share with at least 3 of our friends the idea that - "when I make a decision, I consider the impact on SOCIETY, the ENVIRONMENT and the ECONOMY" and then pass those thougts on to 3 more people etc.

Showing the 3 finger Sustainability Symbol means many things:

- "I'm a GOOD person - I make GOOD decisions"
- "I'm a world citizen, and a valued member of my community"
- "I'm a Climate Change Agent - I help people and business protect the world for our children"
- "I'm a SMART shopper - I make sure I consider People, Planet and Profit in my BALANCED purchases.

An easy way to remember to use 3 fingers is next time you are in a photo, and people make the "V" for "Peace" sign with their fingers - you can suggest "In the 21st Century the coolest new symbol is PEACE + 1, we add one more finger to the Peace Sign, and it becomes the SUSTAINABILITY SYMBOL - 3 Fingers - with a deep personal meaning and desire to be part of the SOLUTION to social inequity, climate change and sustainable commerce.

It is my vision and desire that China uses its benevolent Dragon power to do good in the world - sharing the sustainability symbol and the simple but deep meaning behind it to change the world for good.

Let's cooperate to bring this to reality - you can join the official research and development team at the McMaster Institute for Sustainable Development in Commerce, or work on your own to "Be the Change you want to SEE* in the world" - (Gandhi) - either way, post your 3 finger photos on the web and tell us at www.SustainabilitySymbol.com where we can find you!

*SEE=SOCIETY, ENVIRONMENT, ECONOMY
So did really happen in shenzhen? so everyone turn off the light? I was not at home, just curious.
I turned off my light at that time but I am in another side of the earth...
earth hour has officially embarked on a new exciting journey with 50 or so people participating yesterday... hats off to James @ shehzhen buzz for organizing this historical event, that will have a tremendous impact in terms of environmental awareness in sz for many years to come

the message of environmental sustainability has been around for ever 2 decades and its definitely not a "new issue" and its great that we are again reminded of this important "letter of hope" for future generations

James, you rock baby!

RSS

Sponsor

© 2018   Created by Asia Stuff Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

]