Shenzhen Stuff

We live in the most interesting time in human history.

We have information at the touch of our fingers with the internet.

We have incredible multimedia, amazing entertainment, awesome new products.

We are constantly breaking new ground with exponentially increasing technology.

We have social media allowing us to record and share our lives with others.

The world is smaller than ever, for the first time in history we can travel the world, or meet people from around the planet

We have near constant breakthroughs in medicine such as regrowing organs, delaying the effects of aging and more.

We (most of us) no longer live in a time of classical slavery or oppression.

Our planet also faces the biggest problems it ever has.

We are depleting our resources, polluting the world, destroying its habitats, overpopulating it

We are on the verge of a financial collapse, we have technological unemployment, growing debt, increased resource scarcity

We live in a time where our governments hold weapons that can wipe out nearly the entire human race

We are experiencing more natural disasters than ever

Also we finally understand the size of the universe.

We live on a tiny blue planet... one of billions in our galaxy...

Our galaxy is only 1 of billion others

We are but the tiniest speck in existence.

At the same time we are starting to be able to manipulate the tiniest of atoms ourselves.

We are witnessing the birth of amazing nano technologies, of 3d printing, of commercialized space flight, of genetic engineering.

We will likely see the downfall of current capitalism and a transition to something new.

We live in a time where the human race will likely have to come together and work as one, or destroy each other due to the weight of our problems.

We will likely see a transformation of the entire planet within our lifetimes.

We definitely live in the most interesting time in human history.

So if you're bored... You're doing something wrong.

Look at how amazing the time we live in is... both the good and bad... there is so much happening, so much to see, so much to experience!

Get out there! Take chances, take risks! Ask that cute person out on a date, talk to that attractive stranger on the subway, flirt with someone u think is interesting!

It doesn't matter what you do as long as you DO IT, as long as your LIVING and not just letting this incredible time to be alive pass you by.

Stop worrying about failure, or rejection, or saving face. It doesn't mean anything, we are the smallest people on the smallest planet in the smallest corner of the universe, we will all be dead in 150 years, seriously, who cares if you get rejected!?

Stop worrying about fitting in, about looking like a slut or a playboy or a loser or any other negative word... fuck it all, just take action, follow your passion, do what you secretly and honestly desire!!

Stop worrying about what others think of you, and stop judging others... get out of your head, get into the moment, and follow your heart towards that which brings you happiness~

We only get 1 life, and its short, but it’s during the most interesting time in human history... when you get old and you look back on how you lived what do you want to see? What do you want to remember?

Do you want to remember how u sat there and let life pass you by as you tried to fit in, and tried to be normal, and tried to follow your culture, and tried to make a comfortable safe harmless life while focusing on and complaining about tiny problems?

Or do you want to have stories, and memories, and adventure, and failures and successes, the ups and downs, and the risks you took and the rewards you reaped and the times you had your heart broken, and the times you loved with your full heart, and all the happiness and sadness and laugher that goes with it all.

Act on your impulses, be spontaneous, gain experiences! You miss all the chances you don't take, so just act!!

The message I’m trying to get across is that it doesn’t matter as long as u aren’t bored... as long as u are truly living... not merely existing.

If this inspires you in any way then you owe it to yourself to take action. It doesn't matter what as long as it scares you a little and takes you out of your comfort zone... do something you wouldn't normally do just for fun.

Create a memory for yourself... whether good or bad... come out with a story.

and most of all... during this most interesting time in human history... don't be bored.

Views: 287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, it's a blog, not a discussion and maybe even copy-paste at that!

it's not a copy paste... but even if it was who cares, the content is the same whether I wrote it or copied it....
but I realize it looks more like a blog than a discussion.
but who cares?
next time I will write 'please discuss' or 'please tell me your opinion on the content' at the bottom to satisfy you people.

but who cares?

Tis the same reason we don't care what you think.

Oh God, not again. You don't want constructive criticism because it will leave you butt hurt, like it's left others butt hurt when they've asked in the past.

What you want is for people to tell you how interesting this is, and they've already told you - it isn't.

I am looking for constructive criticism. 
Perhaps I could learn something of use from it.
Negative responses with no content do not teach me anything.
I also have no care whatsoever if people find my writing interesting or not.
I really don't weigh the value of the opinions on shenzhen stuff all that highly. 

Please do not project strange assumptions onto me.

My favourite topics are world issues and new technologies and fresh perspectives... so yes maybe I do if I'm with people who are interested in it.  

This would be better used as a sermon in the classroom, that will give much time for the ensuing confusion that comes next.

As per my previous response, to what outcome, will your curiosity be sated?

I am not saying it's boring, but it certainly isn't going anywhere fast.

TB:DR

Mate, I like your post... support

Of course you do.  Birds of a feather flock together.

RSS

Member Search

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sponsor

© 2014   Created by Asia Stuff Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service