Shenzhen  Stuff

After WeChat ran ablaze with rumours and stories of the visa/permit crackdown in SZ – who remains other than the non-native speaker? The remaining native speakers-where are they? The ones with correct permits and documents?

• English Last
  • We Eat Babies
  • YouOne

I imagine they are probably washed up Liberal Arts degree holders who enable the little children to order them around. These are their so called supervisors; young people with little or next to no experience, inferior educations and hostile, racist mind sets.

This is the reality – the young people who are travelling the world, and the older retired individuals who are doing something to keep them young I can understand. The middle aged guys who are meant to be at their peak earning potential are in SZ earning their massive 13-17K salaries.

Anyone who remains in SZ must be either a masochist or yes men with absolutely no spine. Dancing like Ronald McDonald to keep their audiences entertained. People with substance abuse problems or psychological ticks that do not allow them to fit into the modern workplace. HR Departments in the West are well placed to screen these people with high degrees of accuracy.

People who are compensating by dying their hair, or wearing ties when there is actually no need to. Style over substance. BS vs brains

Liberal Arts degree holders are hard pressed to convince employers in the West for a job as studying Ancient Mesopotamian Art or Theatre Studies doesn’t provide them with relevant job skills. I have witnessed Security Guards, Truck Drivers, and Call Center workers working for these training centers.

Soon these dreamers will be hit with the harsh reality of Modern China-They will no longer need your so called English Teaching skills. Witness the influx of non-natives who are more than happy to undercut these edutainers with little other employable skills.

The Dada will soon deport those chancers who are willing to continue working without the relevant documentation. Soon, all the Ronald’s will be competing against each other for the chance to be exploited by the boy.

Clownery 101. No pride, brains or intestinal fortitude.

Vee Pee Enns are now outlawed, WeChat users are registered by phone, and soon you won’t be able to access Western newsfeeds or websites. Time to re-evaluate as to why they are here. Tick tock.

Fingerprints, scans, and now the outlawing of Vee Pee Enns….

Views: 781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try it on a computer sometime. Look at this Discussion and My Page (just click on my pic or my name) then get it looking like that on your phone.

Gao is using the mobile version too and she's old school SZStuff so should know better.

Test.Is that ok now?
Kill a penguin in the zoo of Cambodia?

Penguin was a very active member till he moved to Cambodia, then Thailand then Philippines. Don't know where he is now.

Oh,no,I use Chrome now.Why couldn't I play on this site as you guys do?
One more try.

At the top right of the screen is a menu - three little dots. Pull down the screen till you see it and hit it. One of the options is "Desktop view", hit the box next to it and turn it blue.

Now what do you see?

Only the LBH's remain in Shenzhen, this include females.  These LBH's can't go back home because they have no careers and have lost contact with many of their contacts and friends in the west because they were too busy getting institutionalized in China.  They lived in China for far too long and are unable to adjust to whatever western country they are from and they fear that if they return they will have major culture shock and be unable to get a good paying job.  Some married the locals in Shenzhen and can't leave because their spouses don't want to go to whatever western country they are from.  They are forever going to be an LBH ELEMENT (English Language Entertainer Meant to Entertain Not to Teach) getting low wages and being unable to build a nest egg for retirement.  Many have been in Shenzhen or China in general for years, some decades and still AREN'T fluent in Chinese.  If you are still in Shenzhen or China as an English teacher, I'm sorry to say, there is something seriously wrong with you.  Teaching English in China is NOT a career!  Many of you aren't fluent in Chinese!  Many of you think Chinese people are your friends, yeah right, they're nice to your face, but say shit about you behind closed doors.  You're getting used by them.  It won't be long till some of you get shown the door by your "Chinese friends" and get replaced by younger ESL teachers from whatever western country.  The vast majority of you have no "guanxi", so you have no power in China.  

"First you hate, then you get used to it, enough time goes by you learn to depend on it.  That's institutionalized!"

I see far fewer obvious "English teachers" nowadays. There used to be several coming and going from the blocks in my development, but the last one I was sure about was months ago.

Why you guys thinks English teacher is not a career ?i don't understand why people  think in that way ,it's super easy for a foreigner to find a teaching job in China with a fine pay ,if your workhard ,it's easy for a english speaker foreigner earn more than 20K per month ,i have seen lots of negative thought about english teacher  in this website or otherplace ,no mater how great you are ,you should be grateful what you can get ,and respect others and yourself .

If you want to be bill gates ,then go to fight for it , if you can't then be a english teacher at least can protect you avoid from be a jobless , isn't a great things ?i just don't get it .

Many English teachers in China are true losers.  They couldn't make it in their own country so they had to go overseas to get a job, a girlfriend (or boyfriend), and some respect.  In America, one can make more than what one can make in China.  You are a little naive.  Go live in America or some nice western country for a long duration.  After living there you will know who are the winners and who are the losers.  If you're from some western country and you're in China with a respectable career such as an engineer, doctor, or STEM college professor then you are not a loser!

When I hit 65 and stopped working regular office hours, many of the people around here who didn't already know me, assumed I was such a teacher and asked how much to reach their kids. I think they all know better now.

RSS

Sponsor

© 2018   Created by Asia Stuff Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

]