Shenzhen  Stuff

After WeChat ran ablaze with rumours and stories of the visa/permit crackdown in SZ – who remains other than the non-native speaker? The remaining native speakers-where are they? The ones with correct permits and documents?

• English Last
  • We Eat Babies
  • YouOne

I imagine they are probably washed up Liberal Arts degree holders who enable the little children to order them around. These are their so called supervisors; young people with little or next to no experience, inferior educations and hostile, racist mind sets.

This is the reality – the young people who are travelling the world, and the older retired individuals who are doing something to keep them young I can understand. The middle aged guys who are meant to be at their peak earning potential are in SZ earning their massive 13-17K salaries.

Anyone who remains in SZ must be either a masochist or yes men with absolutely no spine. Dancing like Ronald McDonald to keep their audiences entertained. People with substance abuse problems or psychological ticks that do not allow them to fit into the modern workplace. HR Departments in the West are well placed to screen these people with high degrees of accuracy.

People who are compensating by dying their hair, or wearing ties when there is actually no need to. Style over substance. BS vs brains

Liberal Arts degree holders are hard pressed to convince employers in the West for a job as studying Ancient Mesopotamian Art or Theatre Studies doesn’t provide them with relevant job skills. I have witnessed Security Guards, Truck Drivers, and Call Center workers working for these training centers.

Soon these dreamers will be hit with the harsh reality of Modern China-They will no longer need your so called English Teaching skills. Witness the influx of non-natives who are more than happy to undercut these edutainers with little other employable skills.

The Dada will soon deport those chancers who are willing to continue working without the relevant documentation. Soon, all the Ronald’s will be competing against each other for the chance to be exploited by the boy.

Clownery 101. No pride, brains or intestinal fortitude.

Vee Pee Enns are now outlawed, WeChat users are registered by phone, and soon you won’t be able to access Western newsfeeds or websites. Time to re-evaluate as to why they are here. Tick tock.

Fingerprints, scans, and now the outlawing of Vee Pee Enns….

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike ,seems all those acitvie member not chat here anymore ,sad.

Hi Gao - many of my friends have married and moved away - Jackie and Tiger Eva are in America, Jane (the ex-virgin)  is in France, Moon is in England, Hell en in New Zealand and Shannon in Australia. Kelly is still here but expecting here second baby so not active. The foreign guys have left China - Penguin, Cynic, etc, leaving only me. No one has come forward to take their place - even when I start talking to someone here they want to switch to WeChat immediately, which I think is a lousy way to get to know people. I prefer Discussions, Blogs and open chat here.

Lucy is also in America, up in Seattle. 

I knew she was in the US but not where. Sea is over on the east coast. Did you know Charles died last year?

Oh no! I didn't hear anything about him at all. Is Sea still in the US or has she moved back to China? I have planed a weekend trip to New York in mid June, if she is around that area I may be able to visit her. 

My trip back to China in July-August may need to cancel because of green card process. If confirmed I can't do international travel once we submit the AOS, I may plan a weekend trip to Seattle. I have Lucy's contact, shall be able to meet her there during my trip. 

She didn't publicise it and Kevin found out somehow. He had never really recovered from the poisoning he had here. She is living with his brother's family so I guess the Flat Rock NC area. She posts some cheerful Moments, but I know some others who do that and talk unhappily in private.

I put up a Moment when I heard of Meimei at Kingway mostly taken by you - nice picture of Charles and she always enjoyed it there. All four places that Meimei appeared have since closed.

Rich means different things to different people. I'm fairly sure that I am rich enough to see me through the rest of my life, but I couldn't afford to buy an apartment I wanted to live in here. That doesn't worry because we own two houses in England.

Most of the people I know here want he apartment, the car and the baby. Many come from seriously poor backgrounds and could afford nothing when young.

People I meet come from seriously poor backgrounds who can not afford anything really work very very very hard.

The Fujian girl you asked about grew up in this village of mud houses with no road connection to the outside till she was about twelve years old. You have to be ambitious and hard-working to get out of there.

Excuse me for jumping up in the converstaion...different backguound grew up different ppls! In china the population is too big to balance the gap between the rich and the poor.

The point of Discussions is for people to exchange ideas and opinions, so jump in as much as you like. 

I have always been interested in the origins of people I know in China. I have visited the original home of six other girls. Three from villages, but less remote than this. Two were from small towns and one from Huizhou. The bridge that brought road to this village was built when Xi Jinping was important in Fujian.

I come from a village in England, but an English village is nothing like this.

culture and civilization is costy Mike... sometimes

RSS

Sponsor

© 2018   Created by Asia Stuff Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

]