Shenzhen  Stuff

Not long ago, the mother of one of my students asked me if I had any advice on giving "the talk" to her 12 year old daughter. Why the hell she asked me I have no idea. I didn't really know what to say, so I just said it was probably best to just be honest and tell her how it really is which is of course assuming she hasn't picked it all up from the playground and internet already.

I got "the talk" when I was about 13, and it consisted of one sentence from my mother who said "Always put a mack on your mickey son" That was it, lock, stock and barrel.

What happened when your parents tried to give you the talk? Was it reminiscent of Jim and his dad in American Pie? 

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was bucking them down before I got the talk from the parents. If one had a jimmy in their wallet it was used, but most of the time it was the "pull out" method that was utilized.

I am not sure that there in any one on one talks about this in Latin America. I think it is mostly absorbed though osmosis, at least in my case and several close friends cases. You do get the talk about not getting her/you pregnant though. And a smack if you are not using rubbers.

I'm in the same boat as Cynic in that I became sexually active before "the talk" came!

The school district had just started having a special sex education class, I think I was in 7th grade, but can not remember for sure.  It was a two hour long special class held after school hours and for boys your father attended with you.  After the class, which included a rather silly movie, on the drive home my father asked me if I had any questions.  I said no and that was the end of it.  

When we got home, my mother asked my father if he had conducted the "talk" with me, my father said yes and it was understood between us that this little lie, agreed upon by both of us, to the woman of the household, was one of the first steps to manhood.    

:-)

I was self taught.

this is a very good book,my parents read that to my brothers and I when we were kids.

And what did it say? The big black hole?

RSS

Sponsor

© 2019   Created by Asia Stuff Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

]