Shenzhen  Stuff - Social Networking, Events & Classifieds

Worthy or unworthy to learn sth on which you will never be a professional?

I'm going to take the piano lessons.

My friend said, "i really don't understand why you want to learn this.(That's true I'll never become a pianist) And you also wasted your money on French. You should've invest your money on make-up and dress up. (so I can marry a rich guy more easily) . and you can learn the piano after you get married. (so I dont need to use my own money)."

When my sister studied in university, she saved some money and took singing lessons. My mom blamed her that she was wasting her money on this meaningless thing, because she would never become a singer. 

Is this true for most of chinese poeple that it's non-sense to learn or do it if one thing can not bring us money?

Will you invest your time and money on learning something new which you like very much, but on which you'll never become a professional? Did you ever strive for your dream in your childhood?

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I think I am. But if I'm your friend and you ask me about your plan of taking up a singing lesson I will not stop you nor say anything against it. I always think that what ever decisions that a person make regarding about such matter there is no right and wrong. After going through it and if you think it's a waste of time then it probably is. If you think it was a good experience it probably is.

But after you've gone through such decision of taking up music lessons and on the side you're ranting about how lame your career and complaining that your life is not going anywhere. I'll probably say to you "better re-think about that singing lesson and put your effort to something that will resolve your frustrations." 

Yeah, I agree with you that there's nothing right or wrong.
And you are right, we also need to put our efforts to something that can help our lives going better, especially to our careers to most of us.

The reason I ignored my friend's advice is that he thought I should've invest my money on the make-up and dress-up, so I could marry a rich man more easily by this way. What a bullshit suggestion for me. LOL!
I try to adhere to the school of thought - try to learn something new everyday.

Go for dress up, make up and boobs if you want to be a hooker.

Go for piano or something else if you want to learn something pure.

I went to the last one (I don't wear make up or boobs, and I can dress up myself without any ones help).

And I wont regret it ever, music is my life.

First off, your friend is a prick!! A hobby is a good thing, it allows you to relax and their is nothing wrong with bettering yourself.

When my sister studied in university, she saved some money and took singing lessons. My mom blamed her that she was wasting her money on this meaningless thing, because she would never become a singer.

I understand that your mother thinks that money is important. But maybe the singing lessons allowed your sister time to take a break from her studies, thus allowing her to recharge her mind and perform better when she returned to them.

Will you invest your time and money on learning something new which you like very much, but on which you'll never become a professional? Did you ever strive for your dream in your childhood?

Of course I have. I have spent a small fortune following my football team in the UK and I still spend money on things I enjoy, it's good for your health.

RSS

<--Share this page

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sponsor

© 2014   Created by Asia Stuff Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service