Shenzhen  Stuff

Lets collect information about Heavy Metal and Hard Rock life style in SZ and China.
Clubs, websites, actions, meetings, chinese HM culture, clothers etc.

Lets meeting under heavy guitars sound

Views: 60

Replies to This Discussion

Me either. The only metal I've seen around is in the cars, the buildings, etc... Perhaps I haven't looked for it hard enough, but I haven't been to any place where I can actually I listen to it.
Heavy metal / extreme metal is popular here, especially among musicians. I used to live in Taipei and there were quite a few black metal / death metal bands there. HK has a few too. Not sure about SZ.

When I go into guitar shops here I see lots of advanced distortion pedals and BC Rich-type guitars with pointy headstocks and so on ... so I gotta believe that some people must dig it.

But the music shops are all stocked with cantopop / mandopop / treacly stuff. I wonder where the SZ kids get their music from. Must be BitTorrent.
I'm a schoolteacher of Spanish and, from my experience, it does't seem the kids dig heavy metal at all. I tried to solve the problem by playing them some Spanish hm, but I'm afraid they still prefer Jay Chow. Sorry to be so negative.
can i join it????
OK, Tina, you can be our Guangzhou metal spokes-model! ^_^

Martin, I think you're probably right for the most part. I think metal is probably only popular with a small subset of the population....

So did anyone find any metal-style clothing shops yet? in Dongmen maybe?
Of coz! You are first chinese girl in this group! Wellcome! What you can say about HM culture in China?

RSS

Sponsor

© 2019   Created by Asia Stuff Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

]