1. It’s TRUE, men are better at directions. BUT, women are better at sensing and knowing when they are lost. Sounds like a perfect reason for the “pilot” and “co-pilot” to get along.
2. Ladies, do you ever acuse your husband of not listening and zoning you out? Well the fact is, his brain may actually BE zoned out. Researchers have found that when a man relaxes and unwinds, 70% of his brain is in “sleep” or what we might call “zoned-out” mode. When a women is at rest and relaxing, 90% of her brain is still zooming along.
3. For couples with kids, do you feel like your kids listen better to daddy vs. mommy? This actually tends to be true. Men use less words and more simple words in comparison to women, who like to use more complicated words, as well as more of them. Women want to rationalize, offer direction and explanation when communicating with their children, while men tend to use few words and get to the point.
4. For couples taking a road trip or driving at night, let the man drive. Men have much better night vision than women. Not only is a woman’s vision less keen at night, women also have a 78% greater chance of becoming blind.
5. Women who smoke, are 20%-70% more likely to develop lung cancer HOWEVER men are 4 times as likely to die from a smoking related illness.
6. Yes alcohol affects men and women differently. After consuming the same amount of alcohol, and even if body proportions are almost identical in height and weight, a woman’s blood alcohol level will always be higher, and a woman will always be more quickly affected by alcohol. This is due to the fact that a woman’s body has less body water than a man’s, which means that a man’s body will be able to dilute the alcohol more.
7. After puberty, women are 3 times as likely to develop depression, however men actually commit suicide at a rate of 3 times as often as women.
8. Although men ARE more likely to suffer heart attacks, women are more likely to die within a year from having a heart attack. This is attributed to the fact that women are much more likely to suffer a second heart attack within a year after having the first.
9. Here is some irony for you. Women tend to have stronger immune systems, but are more likely to aquire auto-immune diseases such as Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma and Multiple Sclerosis.
10. During unprotected intercourse with an infected partner, women are 2 times as likely to contract an STD, and 10 times as likely to contract HIV.
11. Men get sick twice as much as women.
12. Women prefer 30-45 minutes of foreplay, while men prefer 30-45 seconds of foreplay. Men consider driving back to her place a part of foreplay.
13. Women mature much faster than men. Most 17 year old females can function as adults, while most 17 year old males are still giving each other wedgies after gym class. This might explain why most high school romances don’t last long-term.
14. The average number of items (toilettries) in a man’s bathroom is 6. The average number of items (toilettries) in a woman’s bathroom is 47. A man will most likely not be unable to identify what half of these items actually are.
15. Yes it’s true that men are wired to understand technology better than women. Men instinctively know how to figure out how equipment works, what it does, what it’s good for, etc. Women on the other hand seem to have some kind of stumbling block when it comes to handling technology. Women will gladly pay good money for a man with a name tag to plug in three simple wires into the back of her television, even after her male friends tell her the wires and plugs are colour-coded. (OK….This one was put in for an element of humor. It is up to the reader to determine the degree of validity, with regards to the relationship between techno-agility and gender.)
And now you know.
Eve and Adam
One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God... "Lord, I have a problem!" "What's the problem, Eve?" "Lord, I know you've created me and have provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, and that hilarious comedic snake, but I'm just not happy." "Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above. "Lord, I am lonely. And I'm sick to death of apples." "Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you." "What's a 'man,' Lord?" "This man will be a flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat, and be vainglorious; all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But, he'll be bigger, faster, and will like to hunt and kill things. He will look silly aroused, but since you've being complaining, I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your... ah, physical needs. He'll be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be too smart, so he'll also need your advise to think properly." "Sounds great," says Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow. "What's the catch, Lord?" "Yeah, well.... you can have him on one condition." "What's that, Lord?" "As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant, and self-admiring...So you'll have to let him believe that I made him first...So, just remember... it's our secret... Woman-to-woman!"