At the moment my life is in complete chaos. Two more weeks at my full time job here in the USA and then just a few weeks to get my entire life either put into boxes or left to Goodwill or Salvation Army stores. As I am preparing I find myself very overwhelmed at moments and sitting around finding anything and everything that isn't what I need to be doing (which is packing). I am so exited to be coming to China. My father and both my brothers have been. So only the girls in my immediate family have not traveled to China (my mom, sister and myself). So many questions are now floating around in my head. Senseless worrying I have decided but its unlikely going to stop just because I realize how unproductive and useless it is to worry about the unknown.
Questions I find myself worry about:
1. What will my apartment end up looking like?
2. What will riding the metro be like?
3. What will getting groceries be like?
4. Are there piercing shops that will carry the jewelry for my piercings if one happens to fallout during my 12 month stay?
5. Will I make friends with my neighbors where I live?
7. What will my first week of work be like?
So those are just a few of the millions questions that I am trying to swat away. I am sure this is the normal reaction for many people as they prepare to venture off in the world.
Okay ending my rant now. Back to packing...I hope!